Warning this is emotional... Children are so brave! In the mornings we are required now to send our kids in and watch them from far as they walk to their classes. My son has had a class change and it's a long walk to the opposite side of the hall... that alone can be daunting.
I clutched my heart...
As I watched him walk to his class amongst a sea of children who are much bigger than him and felt so proud of his courage to sometimes get lost and still continue. As he found his class I ran to him to hug him and tell him just how brave and smart he is for finding his class all by himself... he cried and I cried inside as I hugged him tight and tried to be strong for him. It can be difficult to watch the fear they experience but the biggest gift I can give him is love and and undying & strong belief in his incredible courage!
So as I came back home torn and thinking of ways I can save him from his fear I kept coming back to how important it is for us all to be brave and how we won't always have people to save us or hug us when we need it.
After all we are the adults right? right?
Well I can tell you that it's a journey for all of us to push through those fears and find those ounces of courage but there are ways we can train our mind body and spirit to get used to it.
Here are a few ways you can practice being brave:
1. Say hi and smile to 1 new person you don't know every day. You don't need to make a life-long friendship in 1 min but that 1 sec of hello, a smile and enjoy your coffee could mean something to them and dose of social courage for you.
2. Help someone in need with a small deed. I'm not saying find as many old ladies as you can to help cross the street, but even if someone drops a pencil, pick it up, or if a woman needs help pushing her stroller across the ragedy street, help her. You don't know her, but she will remember the kindness of you.
3. Start a blog. A hugely courageous thing is to put your mind and heart out there for internet viewers to see. (Trust me I know!) It can be very cathartic and again you don't know who you can be helping with your everyday words of wisdom :-)
4. Find a way to be unique at work. Ask your boss how you can be a better contributor to your team and work environment. It's a great way to be seen and known, and it helps create a positive environment for you.
5. Allow others to face their fears and be brave with your support. That was the biggest one for me today. Sometimes we have to learn we can't save everyone and the bravest thing we can do is allow them to trip, fall or get lost knowing we can support them and help them up if needed. Let them try and try again. After all you learned the same way and look how far you've come!
IF you need more support and would like to see how BIG your brave can be contact me for a 30 min strategy session. 202.630.7263
Keep it positive,
Sanese Empowerment Coach
Learn about our Wondrous Working Woman's Group Class and 1x1 Classes.
10/29/2015 04:20:48 pmThat was beautifully written. I definitely love the blog idea as it's something I've given a lot of thought energy to. Now to commit it to paper ❤️
If over 18+ years in Corporate America, licenses in massage. energy work and purpose coaching, 1000's of client sessions and good old fashioned life taught me something, it's that life is worth living and living passionately!